December Book Haul: Christmas Gifts, Half Price Books, and Amazon
This month's book haul is as diverse as it is large and in charge! The majority of my Christmas list was comprised of books (is that much of a surprise?), so I've featured all of the wonderful works that I found sitting under the tree. A small handful of books were bought with my own money from Half Price Books and Amazon. My oldest sister gifted me an amazing Jane Austen-themed box that was filled with some Jane Austen classics, a fantastic devotional, a mug decorated with Jane Austen quotes, a bag of loose leaf Earl Grey tea (my favorite!), a handmade bookmark, and a box of Belgian cookies to enjoy while reading. I know - so thoughtful! Similarly to last month, I gathered several novels - all of which were written before 1830. I can't wait to dig into these books over the next few months!
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Lady Susan, The Watsons, and Sanditon by Jane Austen
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, circa 1961
- The Beauty and the Beast (Illustrated with Interactive Elements) by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villenueve
- The Laurel Poetry Series: Emily Dickinson by Malcolm Brinnin and Richard Wilbur, circa 1960
- Jane Austen's England: Daily Life in the Georgian and Regency Periods by Roy and Lesley Adkins
- What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew: From Fox Hunting to Whist-the Facts of Daily Life in Nineteenth-Century England by Daniel Pool
- A Jane Austen Devotional by Thomas Nelson
Self-Help and Inspiration
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Eat Pray Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Cinderella by Charles Perrault, and translated and illustrated by Marcia Brown
What are you currently reading? Were you gifted any books throughout the holiday season? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thank you so much for reading! If you'd like to keep up with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Goodreads. For more fun and interesting content, check out my YouTube channel! If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’. Are you a blogger too? Let me know the name of your blog - I'd love to check it out!
Photo source of The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations is Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Inc.