October Book Haul: Half Price Books, Amazon, and Target
Another month, another book haul (#Can’tStopWon’tStop). Just like last month, I bought many of these books at a discounted rate from the Half Price Books Marketplace (a used book goldmine). In addition, I was on the launch team for Dance, Stand, Run, so I received my copy at a cheaper price. The weather has been a bit chilly in Central Texas as of late, so I can’t wait to curl up on the couch with a cozy blanket, cup of tea, and one of my new books!
- Cooking Up a Storm: Recipes Lost and Found From the Times-Picayune of New Orleans by Marcelle Bienvenu and Judy Walker
- It Happened on the Mississippi River by James A. Crutchfield
- Satchmo: My Life in New Orleans by Louis Armstrong
- The Crown: The Official Companion, Volume 1: Elizabeth II, Winston Churchill, and the Making of a Young Queen (1947-1955) by Robert Lacey
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and the Making of the Classic Film by Richard Hollis and Brain Sibley
- Dance, Stand, Run: The God-Inspired Moves of a Woman on Holy Ground by Jess Connolly
Self-Help and Inspiration
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P.L. Travers by Valerie Lawson
- Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart
- Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff by Chip Gaines
- Walt Disney’s Dumbo - A Little Golden Book, circa 1947
- Walt Disney’s Pinocchio - A Little Golden Book, circa 1948
- Walt Disney’s The Wonderful World of Walt Disney: Stories From Other Lands - Golden Press, circa 1965
- Walt Disney’s 101 Dalmatians - A Little Golden Book, circa 1991
- Walt Disney’s Bambi - A Little Golden Book, circa 1995 (?)
- Disney-Pixar Toy Story - A Little Golden Book, circa 2009
- Walt Disney’s Alice in Wonderland - A Little Golden Book, circa 2010
Tip: If you love old or new Little Golden Books, pay a visit to your local Half Price Books. I’ve found 70-year old, vintage copies of classic Disney stories for $7.00 and new, barely used copies for $2.00. They have a fabulous selection!
What are you currently reading? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thank you so much for reading! If you'd like to keep up with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Goodreads. For more fun and interesting content, check out my YouTube channel! If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’. Are you a blogger too? Let me know the name of your blog - I'd love to check it out!
Photo source of Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead is Oprah from Harpo Productions, Inc.