Simple Joys: January 2018
Today's post is the fifth installment of the series Simple Joys where I name off a few things from the past month that brought me immense joy. Most items fall into the following categories: Food and Drink, Home Decor and Products, Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Clothing and Accessories, and - last but certainly not least - Priceless. I'd like to use these posts as a way to implement more gratitude into my days, weeks, months, and seasons. If you're feeling up for it, I'd love to hear about some of your simple joys from the passing month down in the comments. Ready to rock 'n roll? Let's hop to it!
Food and Drink
- H-E-B Organics Garden Vegetable Hummus - I'm a recent hummus convert, so I've been picking up a new tub almost every week. This variety is delicious, and I love eating it with sliced cucumber, red bell pepper, and carrots.
- Harney and Sons Earl Grey Tea Sachets - This tea is lip-smackin' good. It's strong, flavorful, and fragrant. Earl Grey has been my favorite tea blend for years, and I can't recommend this tea enough. I like to drop a sachet in boiling-hot water with a little bit of honey, let the tea leaves steep for five minutes, and enjoy at a slow and steady pace. It's bergamot heaven. I've been intending to make a pitcher of Earl Grey Lemonade, so I think I'll give it a shot with some of these tea sachets. I'll let y'all know how that turns out!
- The Bachelor, Season 22 - When a new season of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette is announced, I pretty much always tell myself that I'm not - under any circumstances - going to watch it. Then, I hop on Twitter, look at the #TheBachelor hashtag, and instantly get a rush of FOMO (aka. fear of missing out). This season hasn't been any different, and I've watched every episode thus far. It's the most cringeworthy season I've seen, so I'm really enjoying it.
- My Walt Disney World music playlist on YouTube - If you're a Disney fan, you'd love this smorgasbord of ambient music from Disney World. From Main Street U.S.A to the Tower of Terror to the Polynesian Village Resort lobby, this playlist has got it all! I enjoy listening to the music as I'm working on my blog or completing tasks around my apartment. It'll instantly transport you back to your favorite attractions and areas around the Disney property.
- Tyler and Jessica Braun's Disney World trip vlogs on YouTube - These two are so much fun to watch. They've visited Disney World a bunch in recent years, so they share lots of realistic tips, tricks, and advice for an enjoyable trip to the parks. Not to mention, they're hilarious and full of personality! If you love Disney travel vlogs, be sure to check them out.
Health and Beauty
- Deep Steep Grapefruit and Bergamot Body Butter - I purchased this from Amazon with hopes that it would help combat my insanely dry skin this winter. Let me tell you - it packs a punch and smells ah-mazing. I apply it immediately after showering, and it doesn't make my skin greasy or sticky. If you're in desperate need for some relief from dry, itchy skin, give this body butter a shot! It'll do the trick.
- Shea Moisture Coconut Oil Face Lotion - I've been using this face lotion as a moisturizer since early December, and I've been loving it. I was worried that the coconut oil would lead to breakouts, but it's done nothing but nourish and moisturize my dry, sensitive skin. It does have a rather strong scent upon application but it quickly dissipates. Over all, I highly recommend it!
- Experiencing our second ice/snow day of the season - In mid-January, a sizable chunk of the State of Texas was shut down due to wintery conditions. Most Texans don't interact with ice or snow on a regular basis, so days like that are always interesting for us. I didn't get to witness any snow on this go-around but I did see lots and lots of ice. 'Twas a winter wonderland, indeed! All-in-all, it was nice to take it easy and spend a day and half off from life's responsibilities and snuggle up on the couch with a mug of hot cocoa.
- Celebrating my two cats' first "Gotcha Day" - Last January, I adopted two 6-month old, female kittens, Opal and Tinley, from my Oma's farm in South Central Texas. I had loved on and played with them since they were several weeks old, so I was pretty familiar with their quirks, personalities, and tendencies by the time I took them home. They're the sweetest balls of fluff and energy, and I love them more and more with each passing day. They have enriched my life in their own special ways, and I couldn't be more grateful for their chattiness, loving and affectionate nature, and wild-child tendencies (a round of the zoomies, anyone?).
What did you do during the month of January? Leave me a comment below - I'd love to know!
Thank you so much for reading! If you'd like to keep up with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Goodreads. For more fun and interesting content, check out my YouTube channel! If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’. Are you a blogger too? Let me know the name of your blog - I'd love to check it out!